Happy 6th Anniversary

We had a BBQ a couple weeks back to celebrate J being in Canada 6 years. I'm so thankful he took a leap of faith back then and made the move. Our paths where destined to cross here in Toronto. Little did he know when he left Ireland all those moons ago what was ahead of him, and here we are on the count down to our wedding..... 58 days to go!
 
Unfortunately for us the BBQ fell on day 6 of our clean 9 detox so what's a bride to be to do... Well I arranged the menu around ourselves obviously {not the best hosting policy I grant you} but there was plenty of tasty food to go around and myself and J just had our quota with a bit of dessert to boot. 

 
 

In all the craziness I forgot to take pictures of the food so I'm just sharing the dessert with you today. A fruit salad with free fruit from the recommended list and some cinnamon crisps.

I used strawberries, grapes, blueberries, kiwi and water melon. To make the watermelon bowl I sliced a piece from the bottom to make it stable and then opened the top and scooped out the flesh. There are so many other fancy options to do with carving water melon {check out some of the youtude videos} it just never occurred to me at the time :-)



Mix all the fruit together in a separate bowl before placing in the melon bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


For the cinnamon crisps I used Toufayan Wraps. They are gluten free and only 110 calories a wrap.

Heat the over to 350f.  Mix a half cup of sugar with 2tbsps of cinnamon and place on a shallow plate. Lightly spray a wrap with gluten free baking spay and place on the cinnamon sugar mix. Turing to coat each side. Repeat for each wrap then cut into pizza like slices.

Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on these as they can go from crisp to burnt in 2.0 seconds :-)

Remove from oven an allow to cool. Store in an air tight container until ready to serve. 

The dip is some natural yogurt with a squeeze of lime juice to taste.



This is so easy to prepare and very light after a meat loaded meal. If you need some more 600 calorie meal inspiration I came across these to beauties.



BBQ Shredded Chicken
 
 
Barbacoa Beef


I planning on trying the shredded chicken one this week. I will keep you all posted
 

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook or follow on Pinterest, Instagram , Twitter and Bloglovin for updates.
 
 
Have a great week!
 
Michelle xxx
 


Comments

Popular Posts