Tour Through Blogland

So today I have something a bit different for you. Angel Casale of The loving house of mama Casale has asked me to join her in the Tour Through Blogland and well how could a girl refuse. What an honour. Angel and I started blogging around the same time as each other and she has been a great support to me as I find my feet in the blogosphere.


http://mamacasale.blogspot.ca/
 
 
Angel is a mom to 3 handsome little boys and 2 fur babies Rocky and Sable. She started her blog with a Super Mario themed birthday party for her son and let me tell you as a girl who grew up with Super Mario on the Nintendo, It's a party I'd have loved to attend. Stop by Angels blog and show her some love on Google+, Twitter, Pinterest. She has great craft activities, recipes, parenting tips and boy themed activities.
 

The Tour Through Blogland works when each Monday, a new group of bloggers are nominated. Those bloggers answer four questions about themselves, and then pass the torch on to a couple of their favourite bloggers. Those nominated bloggers answer the same four questions the next Monday and then pick some of their favourite blogs to tag for the next week. So on to my questions;

1. What am I working on?
 
I am ashamed to say I am  STILL working on a project I spoke about back in June {But in my defence I have been baking A LoT!}  I wanted to make cushions for two rattan armchairs we have but when I researched the price of foam, shipping, material and all the bits and pieces I would need to complete the task I decided to wait for the summer sales to start. I lucked out when Sarah from Cozy.Cottage.Cute mentioned the Pier 1 sale and managed to get myself two cushions for half the price of all the DIY stuff I'd have needed and a few throw cushions on top. I'm also "working" on an old window frame I picked up that I want to use in a wall hanging for our living area. I intend to get a picture we took of the Cliffs of Moher printed on canvas and use the frame on top. Something like this.


Wasn't it worth my while waiting for the sale. Ted looks very happy with her new cushions. That's the window frame soon to be picture window to the right.



This was J's summer project. Didn't he do a great job! You can read about it here if your missed it.
 

2. How does my work differ from those in my genre?
 
This is a toughie. I suppose most people I have connected with are at a different stage in their life stories. They have their families, their homes and are working at the future we hope to have. We are just setting out on our journey with planning a wedding, getting a house and figuring out the initial steps before the family comes along. We are in that in between stage that's kinda past the partying of our twentys but not quite at the settling down stage. We are just putting the wheels in motion to get there, wherever THERE is.  In our case we are hoping for somewhere like this...;-)

Source

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

Initially it started as something fun to do on the side. I like to bake and have recipes stacked high so the blog is somewhere to keep track of what I've made. I wasn't aware of the doors and friendships that would come from it. I've continued with it as I love seeing other peoples reactions to my bakes and getting feedback from other gluten free cooks. These are some of the things I've made so far.

http://countrycottagemusings.blogspot.ca/2014/07/gluten-free-blueberry-swirl-marshmallow.html
Gluten Free Blackberry Marshmallow Swirl and Gluten Free Profiteroles
http://countrycottagemusings.blogspot.ca/2014/08/adventures-in-bread-making-take-4.html
Gluten Free Poppy Seed Bread
       
http://countrycottagemusings.blogspot.ca/2014/08/ohh-lala-cest-magnifique.html
French Macaron
 
 
4. How does my writing/creative process work?

I don't really have a process as such. I enjoy cooking and baking. I love food. Baking distracts me from not being at home. It's a way to pass the hours and use up the hordes of recipes I have stock piled over the last few years. I told of my confessions here.  Saturday is a day to myself while J is at work and if a recipe turns out well I take lots of pictures and blog about it. If it doesn't I bust a little tantrum in the kitchen and  J has to hear about it when he comes home. Sorry Babe!






Now the ladies I'm passing the torch to are Kathy at Smile for No Reason and
Carie Spence from Sweet and Savory Spence.

 

Kathy has become a great blog friend since we met a few months back. Her blog has great sewing crafts, recipes and she has wonderful photography tips too. Her Everyday Life Photography Link up on a Monday is one of my favourites.
 
Carie's blog Sweet and Savory Spence is where she shares her budget friendly tips and recipes. She also has a page dedicated to the picky eater in her house, her daughter, otherwise know as Lil Diva.

Google+ Twitter Instagram 


My Third blogger was to be Sarah from Ruffles & Rain boots but unfortunately due to family circumstance Sarah had to pull out of the tour. However I'm including her links here because you should still check out her blog.
 
 

                                                                                                                               
So thats my tour. Thanks for stopping by and thank you ladies for agreeing to join the tour. I look forward to your posts next week!
 
 
 
Michelle xxx




 

Comments

Popular Posts