Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

We all know how the rhyme goes. Without doubt it is me who takes the cookies from the cookie jar.

There is nothing I like more than a cup of Lyon's tea and a bickie after a long day at work. My generous mother mails me the tea bags every couple of months {Thanks Mam}.

 I had decided awhile back that I wasn't going to ask for them anymore, I figured I've been away long enough now that I just needed to get over my Lyon's infatuation. Right??

 Wrong!! I couldn't do it. Tetley, Red Rose, Tim Hortons and Starbucks teas do nothing for me. I am a Lyon's girl true and true and nothing will convince me otherwise.

  
Now the bickies on the other hand I'm not fussy I'd eat anything, even the ones that are left in the biscuit box at christmas that no one likes. But since my gluten free reformation that hasn't been possible so I put together a few Gluten Free recipes I've tried along the way so you never have to be without a cookie again. These are all recipes I've made at some stage since I became gluten free. The ginger nuts are a recent trial with Cloud 9 Gluten Free Baking Mix I hadn't heard of it before and it was relatively cheap at Costco so I said I'd give it a go. Cloud 9 Speciality Bakery have in no way sponsored this post.





1. Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Allergy Free Alaska
2. Gluten Free Half Brownie Half Cookie from Gluten Free on a Shoestring
3. Chewy Almond Spice Cookies from The Kitchn
4. Gluten Free Ginger Cookies from Cloud 9 speciality bakery
5.Chocolate Decadence Cookies from Gluten Free Mom
6.Gluten Free Short Bread from Gluten-Free-Girl and the chef 

  
Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
2 cups Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet.

In a bowl, mix Cloud 9 Baking Mix, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and set aside.

Beat together the oil, sugar and egg on medium speed in your mixer until mixture is smooth and light.

Add molasses and mix, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl to blend well.  

On low speed, mix in the dry mixture to make a firm cookie dough.


Roll the dough into an even log shape, cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the dough in thin pieces about a pencil width, then dredge in sugar, place on baking sheet and flatten.

Bake for 10 minutes. Makes about two dozen cookies so split my dough in half and froze a batch to bake later.






The original recipe suggested using a teaspoon to make small balls and then flatten before putting in the oven however as you can see from my pictures the first batch (top right hand corner above) came out very thick. When I made the second batch I decided to roll the mix into a log and slice pinky finger width slices which gave a wider lower cookie as pictured in the truck above. If you like your ginger cookies thinner than this I suggest pencil width slices from the jog. I like them a bit thicker for dunking.
I hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying the dog days of summer. If you need some Lyon's teabags leave me a comment, I'll have my mam hook you up :-)

Hope your all having a great week. Grab yourself some refreshments and pop over to my Liebster Award Post to find out more about behind the scenes at country cottage musings.

Michelle xxx

Sharing with

New Mrs. Adventures Flashback Friday
New Mrs. Adventures Tasty Tuesday
Pretty Pintastic Party
Whole New Mom and the ladies for Allergy Free Wednesdays
Gluten Free Homemaker for Gluten free Wednesdays
Wake Up Wednesday Link Party
Chantille Fleur for Tea Party Tuesday
The Ultimate Pinterest Party Week 11
The Creative Exchange Link Party
A prudent life and the ladies for Thursday S.T.Y.L.E Link Party
The Creative Spark Link Party
Just a Girl and her Blog and the Ladies for Hit Me With Your Best Shot
The Turquoise Home and the ladies for Work It Wednesday
Enchanting Inspiration Link Party
Maybe She Made It and the ladies for Do Tell Tuesday
The Baking Beauties and Allergy free Alaska for Gluten Free & DIY Tuesday
Upcycled Treasures and the ladies for The Makers Link Party
Bloggers Brags Weekly Pinterest Party
Baking in Pyjamas and the ladies for Sweet and Savoury Sundays
The Novice Gardener for Fiesta Friday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday
Love of family and Homeand the ladies for Inspire Me Please Blog Party



Comments

Popular Posts