My Liebster Award Nominations




Last week I received a nomination for the Liebster Award by Angel Casale of The Loving House of Mama Casale. While trying to put this post together {blogger having serious issues} I received another nomination form Kathy Piper of Smile for no Reason. So I will cover both ladies questions together but first I would like give Angel and Kathy humongous squishy hugs and say Go raibh míle maith agaibh (a thousand thank yous in Irish) to both ladies for their nods.
 
 Check out The Loving House of Mama Casale for recipes, kiddy activities and three of the cutest little boys you have ever seen! And Smile for no Reason for sewing and gardening tips, recipe inspiration, photography and much more.

 

So what is a Liebster I hear you say? Well I'd no idea to so I turned to ever faithful Mr. Google, who came back with this "The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome"


The Rules of the Liebster Award state;
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
  • You must create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer. You must choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post.
  • Go to their page and let them know!
  • No tag backs!

 

So here are the 11 questions Angel set for me

1.What is the inspiration behind your blog title?
My blog started as “country cottage musings” after my Pinterest board. This was where I was collecting all the inspiration for our dream cottage but the more I taught about the blog and what I would post about right now I wasn’t really feeling that title. My mam sent me this song and  it really resonated with me so I changed the blog name to “a life that’s good” because that’s where we’re at right now. The two names kept going round in circles with me until I decided to focus on where most of the blog content will come from in the future which will be our journey as we buy and restore our cottage so I went back to “country cottage musings” I did consider combining a version of the two but I gave up in the end. I’m very indecisive!!  J
2.Why did you start to blog?
Initially it started as a way for me to recount my travels over the last few years so I would have them all together in one place before I started to forget the little details. It wasn’t public or highlighted for anyone to see It was purely for my benefit.  I didn’t know about link parties or blog hops and all that jazz but the more I started looking around the web I was enjoying the blogging communities so  I decided to make my blog public and start sharing more of what we have been up to and what we plan for the future. I have since gotten side tracked with all the recipes, décor and partying and have yet to post about my travels but I am working on it.
3.What is a goal you have for your blog?
I haven’t really thought that far ahead to be honest. I’m just enjoying where I am at know. I like having somewhere to share the satisfaction or frustration I feel when a bake goes askew. The boy in the house just doesn’t get it! And my mam is 3000 miles away so it’s not the same. We have plans to buy and restore a cottage in Ireland in the coming year or so and we have a wedding to plan so plenty of topics to cover there.
 
4.What is your favorite activity to do with your family?
It all depends on the day and the humour. We like to listen to live music so we try find different places to catch live bands around the city but we could just as easily curl up on the couch with a glass of wine and watch a movie or trawl through Pinterest for cottage ideas.

5.What is one of your favorite quotes?
"What's for you won't go by you" my Mam used to say this to me and still does when I'm questioning things. These words are so true to how my life has turned out so far that I can't help but use them continually.
 
6.What is your favorite song?
We love music. Will listen to anything and everything from Aretha franklin to ZZ top. All genres pop, rock, jazz, country, disco. We recently bought a record player and are slowly building our collection. My favourite song though is Tim McGraw’s My Best Friend. I fell in love with my best friend four years ago and this song just captures all of my feelings towards him perfectly.
 
7.What is your favorite food?
Ohhhh this is a tough one. I like food in general and haven’t a total and utter favourite. I miss my mam’s Sunday dinners -Roast potatoes , joint of meat, vegetables, creamy mash potatoes and delicious gravy would be what I’m craving most at the moment. Roll on December 20th til I get me so of mammy’s cooking!
 
8.Which of your blogs post is your favorite?
I’d have to say my first. It’s not about anything in particular just an introduction to myself and the blog but I was delighted after all my hemming and hawing about creating a blog to actually push publish and see my words out there. Granted no one could see them at the time but in my head it was like climbing a mountain.
 
9.If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
I've struggled with this question for some reason and it really got me thinking about different things. We can't change what has gone before us nor can we know whats coming ahead of us but in an ideal world I'd like to be sitting in our dream cottage a few years from now with my hubby by my side and our first born sleeping. By the fire listening to the wind howling and the rain driving against the windows reminiscing of the time we spent hoping and dreaming it would all come together. We can only pray that it works out as we envisage it but we will make the most of whatever situation is presented to us and be greatful for it.
 
10. What story does your family always tell about you?
That would have to be about a time I was staying in my uncles for the weekend as a little kid. My aunt and her friends where going out for the night and as they were leaving I said to them “have a good night and don’t get yourselves Kilt girls!!”

11.What do you do on your free time?
If I'm not baking or hanging out with J I like to read, I’ve been trying some knitting for a while now too. I also want to learn to play the piano so I have the keyboard out on an occasion also.


And here are the question Kathy put to me which haven’t already been covered. Question 1 was How did you pick the name of your blog?I covered above so on to question number 2.
 






2.What is your favorite cereal?
Dry Honey Nut Chex. Don’t like milk on my cereal.
3.Do you have any pets?
I have a golden Labrador called Millie who I got for my 21st birthday and I have recently adopted a kitty. We are still working on a name for her. My mam is taking care of them while I’m here. They are her adopted grand kids at the moment.
4.What is your favorite restaurant?
Here in Toronto it’s Churrasco on Eglinton Avenue. Back in Ireland it’s Orchid House Chinese in Abbeyfeale, Co.Limerick
5.To this date what is your best blog post you have written?
The post that has received the most hits was my Gluten Free BlackberryMarshmallow Swirl
6.What is your drink of choice?
I love a cup of Lyon’s Tea. I haven’t been able to find an alternative here that I like as much. My mam sends me the teabags every couple of months.
7.Do you collect anything...if so, what?
I don’t collect anything in particular unless I can count recipes, cake tins or things for my future home (I have an attic full of home wares back in Ireland)  
 8.Do you have a favorite book?
I like Patricia Cornwell's book but have recently finished something a bit lighter. It was The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs and I loved it. It’s an easy read with a great plot twist. I love the sense of community it portrays. It also has knitting patterns and recipes to boot.  
 9.What is one lesson you have learned since starting your blog?
It’s not as easy as you’d imagine. A lot of work goes into a post an can be very time consuming. But is great fun.
10.Where would you venture to on your dream vacation?
If money and time were no object I would love to do an overland tour from London to Australia. It takes about 6 months to complete.
11.How long have you been blogging?
 I have been blogging for a little over 2 months now.
 


So without further a do {drum roll please} My nominees for the Liebster Award go to.....

 



And my questions to you ladies are:

What is the inspiration behind your blog title? 






What made you decide to start blogging?
 What is your favorite thing about blogging?
 What do you do while you’re not blogging?
 If you could give one piece of advice to a brand new blogger, what would it be?
 Name one item near the top of your bucket list.
 Who inspires you the most?
 What is your favorite food?
 What is your favorite song?
 What's your favourite little indulgence?
 What story does your family always tell about you?
 

 
So there you have it. My questions answered and nominees presented. Stop by their blogs and share the love. If and when you write your Liebster Award post, don’t forget to link back to this page so I know you’ve accepted. I look forward to reading your responses!!

Have a great week everyone.

Michelle xxx


**Apologies for the formatting issues guys. Blogger has been having serious issues with me writing this post for the last four days and i'm just beyond trying to figure it out at this stage. I'm sure you understand.**

Sharing With
Enchanting Inspiration Link Party
Upcycled Treasures and the ladies for The Makers Link Party
A prudent life and the ladies for Thursday S.T.Y.L.E Link Party
The Turquoise Home and the ladies for Work It Wednesday

Comments

Popular Posts