It's been awhile....

I Know! I know....It's been an age.
 
 
I have no excuses, I've just not been feeling it. I have been cooking and baking but just the blogging process had me drained. I don't know how all you full timers out there do it. My hat comes off to you all...
 
I made this delicious stuffed pork tenderloin a while back that we both loved. It was all ingredients we had in the house, pork bought on special from the freezer and who doesn't have onions and garlic in the house. Then I remembered a DJ BBQ video where he put a bacon lattice over his meatloaf and figured what the hell who doesn't need more bacon in their life right.....
 

 
 
Ingredients
 
Mushrooms
Onion
Garlic
Spinach
Salt and Pepper
Pork Tenderloin
10 Slices of Bacon
 
 
 
 

Chop the mushrooms, onions, spinach and garlic finely and mix well.


 
To flatten out the pork fillet, I used a roll cut technique like this. Lightly score the meat and season, drizzle with some olive oil. Then place the stuffing mix thinly over the flattened joint and roll tightly so as not to displace the filling. Set aside.
 
 
 
To make the bacon lattice I interweaved strips of bacon on some tin foil to make it easy to handle. Once complete, with a hand under the tinfoil flip the lattice over to cover the rolled joint.
 


 
Working gently, tuck the bacon under the joint and make sure the whole joint is covered.
 

 
Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes ensuring the internal temperature reaches at least 145F. Broil the joint to crisp the bacon if necessary. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. We had ours with some rosemary roasted potatoes and roast veg. But this would be just as nice with a crisp salad for summer. 
 
 




 
 
Happy Hump Day to you all. Hope life is treating you well.
Check in  us out on Facebook or follow on Pinterest, Instagram , Twitter and Bloglovin for updates.
 
Michelle xxx

Comments

Popular Posts