Gluten Free Bread Buns

We all love a BBQ at this time of year but when our friends are tucking into soft gluten packed rolls and I'm chowing down on a dense lump of "bread" it kinda ruins the moment so after having some success with Bette's bread recipes I decided to try her egg free four bean bun.

 
When I started on this recipe and saw English muffin rings where required I decided to look for an alternative to the rings as I didn’t have them and wasn't going to buy them for a recipe that might not work and we might not like. My cupboards are already overflowing with unused "essential" baking pans. Megan over at Allergy Free Alaska came up with this great idea for moulds so I went with it.

 
These rose well and came out golden crusted with a soft crumb and air holes. Just what we want from our burger buns. I made a large batch as I wanted to try a freezer test so we would always have some on hand. They defrosted well and held up under a mountain of burger fillings.



Gluten Free Bread Buns

Light Bean Flour Mix 1 1/2 cup
Xanthum Gum 1 tsp
Baking Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Brown Sugar 1 plus 1/2 tbsp
Warm Water 1 cup
Dry yeast Granules 2 1/4 tsp
Egg Replacer 1 tbsp
Cool Water 1/4 cup
Vinegar 1 tsp
Melted Butter 3 tbsp
Sesame Seeds 11/2tbsp (optional)

Make mould as per Megan's Instructions, grease with vegetable oil and place on lined cookie sheet.

Combine flour, xanthum gum, baking powder and salt in a bowl, mixing well. Set aside.
Mix a 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar in a measuring cup, add warm water (110 degrees) and yeast. Set aside to foam. Dissolve Egg replacer in 1/4 cup of cool water until slightly sticky.

Place the remaining sugar (1tbsp), the egg replacer mix, vinegar and melted butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer until frothy. Add the yeast water and blend. Add half the flour mix and beat until smooth. Beat in the remaining flour with a large spoon.

Spoon into moulds. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds. Cover and let rise, 25-30 minutes for rapid rise yeast or 45-50 minutes for regular yeast. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 22 minutes.

Note:I turn my oven on a low heat while I'm mixing the bread this gives me somewhere warm to let the buns rise before baking. Turn it off before you set the buns in for rising time.

Here's how they turned out when I winged it the first time round
with no moulds or rings for support :-) 
 
 
A new creation maybe?! They still tasted great even if it wasn't quite what I wanted hehehe
 
I have an exciting bake coming up to share. I'm so looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I hope I haven't jinxed it!!!
 
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
 
Michelle xxx

Comments

  1. New follow from Made in a Day! Thanks so much for joining my July Hobnob! Welcome~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great link up. The best of luck with it Kim. Thanks for poping by :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts