Slow cooker balsamic glazed pork...

 


 
It's that time of year again when the slow cooker starts calling from the corner of the kitchen just praying for some food love. My first trial this autumn was slow cooked balsamic glazed pork. Like all my trials this one has been pinned to my Pinterest board for quite awhile. I've adapted it slightly to ensure it's gluten free but the original wasn't too far off. I also only used one pork loin as there is only the two of us to feed.
 
 
 
 

1 pork loin joint
1 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper
4 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 cup water
1 onion chopped
2 tbsp Honey
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch
 
First you want to combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic together. Rub the spices all over the pork joint and place in the slow cooker on top of the chopped onion. Pour in the water, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
 
Towards the end of cooking time combine the honey, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan. Make a slurry with the corn starch and water.  Heat the honey mixture until well combined add the cornstarch slurry and let the mixture simmer, stirring until it thickens.
 
At this point you have two options either baste the pork joint at 20 minute intervals for the final hour of cooking or remove from slow cooker, baste and place under the broiler for 10 minutes, repeat twice or until you have the desired texture. Use two forks to shed the pork.
 
 
 
While the pork was glazing I mixed up some coleslaw, chopped some tomatoes and prepared some guac. I had my pork on a Toufayan Gluten Free Wrap with some spinach. I cannot recommend these wraps enough, they come in four varieties and are without doubt the best gluten free wraps I have come across.
J wasn't feeling the Gluten free love that day so he had his a whopper of a burger bun. I wasn't jealous.... not one little bit!!

 
 
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We have all of a sudden hit single digits in the temperature here in Toronto. I'm not impressed the big winter coat is out already but I'm looking forward to hibernating in the kitchen, I have so many trials I want to get through.
 
 
 
Don't forget to check
us out on Facebook or follow on Pinterest, Instagram , Twitter and Bloglovin for updates.
 
Michelle xxx
 


Comments

Popular Posts